Stephen Curry on Wiggins: “We just want him to yell, get a tech one time”
+more notes & quotes from Warriors practice
After Steve Kerr’s interview, Stephen Curry and Andrew Wiggins took turns at the podium after Golden State Warriors practice today. Here are their videos and below that, notes & quotes:
Friendly reminder, we have views from practice as well:
DISCLAIMER: These are all just notes for my main workflow of YouTube videos, tweeted by beatwriters. I used to transcribe every interview but it became too tedious and not worth the investment for the small amount of views we got on the soundbites on YouTube. The links to the tweets are not available because sometimes I don’t use the full tweet and just having a ton of tweets on this website imo isn’t aesthetically pleasing and gets away from the main goal: transferring information (not so much entertainment) asap.
• Here’s Stephen Curry on his graduation from Davidson. Walked into the media room with Pomp and Circumstance playing. Nice touch by Warriors PR. “It’s a promise I made to my mom.” (CJ Holmes)
• To graduate from Davidson with a B.A. in sociology, Steph Curry wrote his thesis on advancing gender equity through sports. Curry credited a half-dozen different people, from professors and athletic director from Davidson College and others in the Bay Area who helped him develop the framework to getting this sociology degree completed. (Dalton Johnson, Janie McCauley)
• Steph also interviewed his Warriors teammates about their tattoos for another paper: “I got to use that for a lot of data.” (Alex Espinoza)
• On Mavs' Game 7 win: “Obviously Luka's doing what he's doing, putting up crazy numbers. The way he finished out that series was pretty special.” (Callie Caplan)
• On history playing against Jason Kidd: “I just remember him being an unbelievably sound point guard that I felt like never left the top of the key. ... My favorite memory of him is all the reactions and mannerisms he had on the bench in New York when I was going off.” (Caplan)
• Curry said they want Andrew Wiggins to dunk on people & yell and just "get a tech one time.” (John Dickinson)
• Steph’s reaction to being called a two-way player: fist-pump. (me via Mark Haynes and NBCSBA video)
• Andrew Wiggins on defending Luka Doncic: “It’s gonna be a tough matchup for sure… It’s gonna be a team effort. He’s a handful.” (Dickinson)
• Wiggins understands that defense and rebounding is the best way he can help the Warriors win a championship this season: “I still like to score, though.” (Holmes)
• On asking Mike Brown to pick up Tyus Jones with full-court press: “I like guarding whoever makes the team go.” (Espinoza)
I just watched the highlights from Steph's 54-pt game at MSG. Can't get over how young he looked. Truly the "Baby Faced Assassin."
What you do is so valuable. Thanks.